What can be achieved with E-Board®?
Insulating and modernising a façade at the same time? With the E-Board façade system, it’s possible. With a finish of brick slips, façades take on the solid appearance of full brick. Sleek, modern, or vintage. You choose the style that best suits your building or home.
Insulating façade panel
With E-Board, you can give a building a protective, insulating layer. The newly insulated walls will then ensure a pleasant, consistent temperature, helping to lower energy consumption – the façade system will pay for itself. But that’s not all.
Types and colours of brick slip
The E-Board façade panel is finished with high-quality brick slips. The fitter applies a specially developed mortar glue to the insulation panels to give the quality of a traditional brick wall. Two types of brick slip are available: cut and moulded.
Cut brick slips
The classic, cut brick slips are cut from complete bricks. You can choose any colour you would like from our range of facing bricks. We will then cut the bricks for you. Try our useful online colour selector and find the perfect brick slip for your project.
Kinder on the environment: ECO brick slips
Joints, patterns, and sizes
Jointed, or without joints
Prefer a visible joint? Or something more sleek, with no joints? The choice is yours! The E-Board façade panel has two usable sides. One can be finished with a joint; the other is for a joint-free result. The flat side of the façade panel is known as E-Board ZERO. Designed for minimal joints. You position the brick slips next to and on top of one another with a distance in between of 3 to 4 mm. The result is a pure brick look, just like with bonded brickwork.
The pattern of your choice
Different brickwork patterns are possible on either side of the E-Board insulation panels. A standard half-brick pattern, random pattern, chain link pattern, stacked pattern.... Prefer a different layer size, combination of brick sizes, or vertical brickwork? Just use the joint-free side of the façade panel. You can easily create any pattern you choose.
A range of sizes
For a façade renovation, new-build, or transformation, you can choose from 9 sizes of brick slip (length x width x height):
- Size M50: 190 x 20 x 50 mm
- Size WF: 210 x 20 x 50 mm*
- Size DF: 210 x 20 x 65 mm*
- Size LF40: 240 x 20 x 40 mm
- Size BDF: 240 x 20 x 50 mm
- Size HF: 228 x 20 x 40 mm
- Size XL40: 290 x 20 x 40 mm
- Size XL45: 290 x 20 x 45 mm
(*) ECO brick slips are only available as WF, DF, and XL40.
Creative with relief
You can also fit brick slips in relief on the E-Board façade insulation, in all manner of patterns. If you’d like to incorporate a difference in thickness, opt for 2 and 3 cm brick slips. If you’d like a larger difference in thickness, please consult us first. We’d be happy to work with you to find a solution.
Ceilings and corbelling
- E-Board offers an interesting solution for finishing ceilings and corbelling. The façade panel allows you to build a lightweight construction with a brick finish.
- Combine the E-Board façade panel with traditional brickwork for a monolithic whole.
- Heavy constructions and formwork for integrating complete bricks into a ceiling are unnecessary.
- Simply attach the E-Board insulation panels directly to the curvature of the ceiling.
- By playing with the thickness of the insulation, you can adjust the height of the ceiling.